Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Oh my gosh, I'm freaking out!



Ok...so as some of you may know, my favorite band in the world, Coldplay (these guys so handsomely clad above me) are coming to town THIS saturday. So, I was on my way home from work and I was listening to 101.9 the end and low and behold they were holding an auction for a private piano lesson with Chris Martin himself! So I'm sitting in my car and I hear them say there's only 20 min. left in the auction and it was at $2,000.

So, I start thinking...who in their right mind would pay $2,000 for a piano lesson with Coldplay, right?....wait a sec...I would pay $2,000 to play with Coldplay! Time keeps ticking away and I'm really contemplating "should I do this?" I keep listening to the radio....no one is calling in! I pull over to a gas station and start filling my car up with gas. Five min. left in the auction, i'm still thinking. What have I got to lose, right? It's a once in a lifetime opportunity. Finally, one minute to go I work up the nerve to call.

So they answer and i'm like "So what's the bid at?" They're like "$2,000". So I say "Ok, I will bid $2,002." Immediately, he's like "whoa, stay on the line." I'm literally freaking out at this point. Suddenly, I hear the radio guys pick up and start talking and they're like "So we've got something interesting going on. I've got Kristen and Lisa on the line and I was in the process of calling Kristen up to congratulate her on winning the Coldplay auction, but with literally 30 seconds left Lisa calls up with a bid at $2,002." At this point I'm like "Oh my gosh I'm on the radio..." He continues, "So I am going to ask you Kristen, are you willing to go higher?" Immediately she's like "I will bid $3,000!" I'm like "DOH!" So he asks me "Ok, it's at $3,000. Lisa are you willing to go higher?" At this point I am so disappointed. Who does this? I was expecting maybe $200 more, but another $1,000?? I hesitate for a while and finally say, "you know, I am such a huge Coldplay fan, but I'm not going to be able to pay $3,000." So here I am, disappointed, listening to Kristen steal away my dream. But then, Parker (the radio guy) comes on the line and is like, "i think I can still get you in to meet Coldplay just because of your effort." I'm like OH MY GOSH! (say it like Sue from SNL)

So end of a long story....Parker took down my number and it seems like my chances of meeting Coldplay are actually pretty good. I don't necessarily get to play with them, but it would still be sooo awesome just to meet them. So now I am constantly sitting by my phone waiting for a call. So, cross your fingers for me and I will definitely keep you posted if I actually will get to meet them!

5 comments:

Nancy said...

Soooo exciting Lisa. I'm sending positive vibes to the universe for this to happen, oh and I shot Parker an email :)

Susan and Grant said...

Well, hope you all have fun at the concert tonight. Sorry you didn't win the auction Lisa but I am glad you didn't have to spend $2002 any way.

Anonymous said...

Lisa... the next time someone says, Would you like to live your lifetime dream for $3,000?... don't be a cheap ACE! You are worth it. You could've had a lifetime to pay it off. I would've given you $50 towards your dream and I only know Di your relative... I'm guessing!

AM said...

Lisa,
Hope my crazy sister didn't offend you. She feels very strongly about people getting thier dreams. And I agree that you're worth it.
Happy Thanksgiving!
Love,
Amber Cannon

Lisa said...

That's right, I am worth it! Maybe the God's of Coldplay will give me a second chance...a girl can hope!