Saturday, December 26, 2009

Philippines: Part I

We love the Philippines! If you wanna see all the photos we've taken so far click on the blog title to see them all. Here are some of the highlights up to now...

Eating a lot of these



and seeing a ton of these. This transformer Jeepney might be my favorite yet.



Dad's clinic is finished! And Lisa is very happy about that.



Everything was going great in Manila til I had to get on an airplane to Palawan with these losers wearing their passports around their necks. NERDS!



But, what can I say. Listen, it's very practical & oh so convenient.



We arrived in Palawan which is about an hour flight from Manila. Palawan is one of the most natural & undeveloped islands of the Philippines. They're trying to preserve its ecology and it's really really beautiful. When we got to our hotel we knew Grandma Afro was lurking around somewhere cuz we were greeted with GUAVA JUICE. Chilito!!!



At a crocodile farm, Dad took this as a friendly welcome rather than a macabre warning.



Too bad.



Do you like to gag? Our tour guide ate a balut egg. It's a fertilized duck egg with a nearly developed embryo inside that is boiled and eaten in the shell.



We went to the Underground River which was very dark and very cool. Bats everywhere! I mean it.





We have been eating the best food in the most beautiful places.




Snorkeling in Honda Bay.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Diane! Get that off your neck!

Anonymous said...

Di,
Don't listen to Amber. You totally pull off that look, unlike Mom, Dad and Lisa. Nerd alert! That's too bad about dad's leg.
-Nancy

acl said...

I might miss your family as much as I miss you. And I never realized you were so much taller than your mom.

Susan Cannon said...

Di you are an awesome blogger. I only hope that some day I can reach your level. Love, Mom

elsa bags said...

i'm loving these pictures! susan you're the cutest mom in the world!