Saturday, July 12, 2008

I Got Fake-Punched In The Stomach By A Homeless Guy And It Was Kind Of Awesome

Yesterday I got fake-punched in the stomach by a homeless man. I was walking down 8th Ave with my friends Mollye and Chris and wasn't really paying much attention to my surroundings (texting). Out of nowhere I see a giant fist coming at my stomach. I'm thinking...

Am I getting punched in the stomach?

NO! I'm getting FAKE-punched in the stomach. And by somebody I don't even know. And, what's that?...oh jeez, I think he is homeless. But, due to my cat-like reflexes, I still double over as if I'm really getting punched. I immediately start laughing out of serious disbelief, shawkwardness (shock & awkwardness at the same time), and cuz hey, that was really funny.

I hardly even saw the guy cuz we immediately went into a bodega and were like...Did that really just happen? But a few minutes later, as we were walking down the same street, I saw him sitting by the wall with some of his buddies. So I fake-kicked him in the face.

5 comments:

Nancy said...

You are truly my hero. I bet his friends will never let him live down that fake kick to the face you sprang on him. In mere days the leprauchan will surely AT LAST be defeated. BTW what is a bogeda?

Maddie said...

that is so funny, right after my mom read it she told me to go read the blog and we were cracking up!

Di said...

bodega = small grocery store

Di said...

okay fine.


i didn't really fake-kick him in the face. but i thought about it.

Natalie Jane said...

Sweet. You always did get the attention of the greatest guys.